I love corn! In the summer, we love grilling corn to go with our steaks or seafood. I also love a refreshing salad made with grilled corn and vegetables. It is so simple and quick that it is perfect for get-togethers and BBQs. The other best part about it is that you can prepare the ingredients in advance and bring it all together when you are ready to serve.
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of grilled or thawed frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup of cucumber (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (minced)
- 1/3 cups feta cheese (crumbled)
- You can also substitute the feta for a cheese like Ricotta, Halloumi, Queso Fresco, or Goat Cheese.
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing (optional)
- Additional ingredients include:
- Bell peppers
- Grilled Zucchini
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the corn in a skillet with remaining oil until tender.
- Pour corn into a large bowl, cool slightly and add tomatoes, cucumber, and basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, drizzle with dressing, feta cheese, and Italian dressing (if desired).
Hope you enjoy this delicious summer salad as much as I do!
Recipe Source: Lil’ Luna