It’s summer and that means plenty of sun and hot weather! Kick up the enjoyment factor of this season by making yourself some delicious and refreshing summer cocktails!
You can make them right at home by following the simple instructions below. If you don’t get to go on tropical vacations this summer, you can at least feel like you are in a vacation destination when you have these refreshing drinks!
Prepare to elevate your summer experience to new heights!
Sangria is the perfect summer drink. However, it may require some time, and also involve a lot of work in general, so you can simplify it while still enjoying this summery cocktail.
4 cups of cubed watermelon
750 ml bottle of Moscato
1 cup of rum
4 limes, squeezed
2 limes, for zest
1 tablespoon of sugar
- Take all the ingredients and place them in a blender, blending the mixture until it is completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until it is chilled.
- Take out, garnish your glasses with slices of lime, and serve.
Lime Cucumber Cosmo
Who doesn’t love a refreshing cosmo? This is a quintessential summer cocktail that you are really going to enjoy. Here’s how you make this martini at home.
1 3/4 oz of cucumber vodka
1/2 oz of triple sec
1/4 oz of squeezed lime juice
1/2 oz of simple syrup
1 oz of 100% cranberry juice
Lime wedge for garnish
- Place all the ingredients, except for the lime garnish, into a martini shaker.
- Add some ice and shake vigorously for a few moments.
- Pour out the mixed drink into a martini glass, garnishing it with the lime wedge.
The rum daiquiri is a tropical classic that will make you feel like you are sitting on an island in the Caribbean. Here is how to make this iconic summer cocktail.
2 oz of white rum
1/2 tsp of superfine sugar
1/2 oz of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Take the lime juice and pour it into your shaker.
- Pour and stir in the sugar into the shaker.
- Add the rum and some cracked ice.
- Shake the mixture well for a few moments.
- Strain it into a chilled cocktail glass.
Everyone loves margaritas. This is one of the easiest cocktails to drink and most enjoyable, ever! Here is how you can now make your own homemade margarita.
2 oz of silver tequila
1 oz of Cointreau
1 oz of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Prepare a cocktail glass by chilling it first.
- Once chilled, rub some coarse salt along the rim after applying lime juice to it.
- Add in the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and some ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake everything up for a few moments, then straining the mixture into a glass.
Long Island Iced Tea
When made well, this infamous cocktail that has been made fun of more times than you can count is incredibly enjoyable to have in the summer. Here is how you make it.
1/2 oz of vodka
1/2 oz of gin
1/2 oz of white rum
1/2 oz of silver tequila
1/2 oz of Cointreau
3/4 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp of simple syrup
3/4 oz of Coca-Cola
- Take all the ingredients, minus the Coca-Cola, and place them in a cocktail shaker, shaking vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a glass over some crushed ice.
- Add the Coca-Cola, along with some optional lemon garnish.
Enjoy these Refreshing Summer Cocktails!
Now that you know how to make five incredibly delicious and enjoyable summer cocktails, you can kick up your sublime summer enjoyment up a notch!