These quarantine months have given most of us time we had not had in a while. Time for ourselves. Do you remember what that felt like? This has allowed us, for the first time in a long time, to think about our passions, our hobbies, our relationships, our career, and our beliefs. As sad of a time as this may have been, it has also been positive, allowing some time for self-discovery.
Many of us have not yet found our passion. I personally think about this all the time. It is in my blood to look for and do. Here are some questions that helped me identify all the things I’m passionate about.
- When you were a child, what did you dream of doing and becoming?
- What was your favorite thing to do growing up?
- Who is your mentor?
- Who is your idol?
- What do you like doing so much that you lose track of time and don’t even want to check your phone while doing it?
- What would you do differently if you had a chance to start over?
- What would you do with your life if you had no fear?
- What would you do with your life if you were guaranteed success?
- What would you do with your life if money was not an issue?
- Who are people and what are things you cannot live without and want to be surrounded by?
This is definitely a process. Going through these questions, writing the answers down (as opposed to typing them), and going back to them after a few days always help. Nothing is easy. I have started the process, and found a few, but still have more to go. Have you found out what you are passionate about?